Thinkingcap

Life's battles don't always go To the stronger or faster man, But soon or late the man who wins... Is the man who thinks HE CAN!!!

Sunday, September 03, 2006

THANK YOU!


Two simple words , that convey so much! In life today we take so much for granted that it seems surprising that we have forgotten the magic, these two words can evoke.

In relationships such as friendships we say, "No sorry & no thank you" , but sometimes it makes it worth it! I think it has been long since I've said "Thank you" to my sister who is always there when I call her. It's been long since i said "Thank you" to my parents for moulding me to who I am! "Thank you" to my husband who's really been very sweet & to my kids who make my life so complete!

I make something for my kids to eat and drink every evening when they are back from school. My mother did it too. I enjoyed it but didn't say "Thank you" to her, as much as my kids do not forget to say it everyday. I know as a mother that is one of the many things they expect from me. I do not expect their Thank you. But honestly, It feels good when they enjoy it & say it everyday!
When it is sincere these two words work wonders!

A big "Thank You" to each one of you who dropped by & took time to write a comment.
You have been the inspiration behind my being a blogger now for a year!

So long guys! Remember however, to smile & say a sincere "Thank You" to any one who made even the slightest difference to you.

TRY IT TO SEE THE DIFFERENCE YOU CAN BRING ABOUT!

15 Comments:

Blogger rads said...

o, am a big stickler for the 'sorry' and 'thank you'! It bothers me immensely when people aren't polite, or at least do what's expected of them.
You live in Madras? I didn't notice it till now, I LOVE madras. I grew up there :-)

btw, you sound like you are taking a break. I hope not. Too many people are leaving - not good.

5:44 AM  
Blogger Neer said...

so true!! thank you Rashmi for coming by! :)

6:11 AM  
Blogger Prasanna Parameswaran said...

Very true! Some times u feel elated just hearing those two words

6:14 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

this is such a beautiful post. Say what u have to say to ppl u love...for tomorrow maybe too late.

Thank You Rashmi for being you. I have learnt alot from ur blog.

Keshi.

5:56 PM  
Blogger Itchingtowrite said...

just reading thru.. coffee post was lovely..
will wait for more such ones

9:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

No Way Rads! I'll still be around for sometime. Chennai is where I grew up too & am back here after 14 years , But seems like i'll not be here for long!

Welcome neers!

It seems so simple but hey spell magic,right indianangel?

Thanx Keshi! You being such a wonderful writer I simply love your posts!

My favourite too I loved it the first time I read it ITW!

1:28 AM  
Blogger Sayesha said...

Thanks Rashmi, for this post :)

5:18 AM  
Blogger Has to be me said...

Thank u Rashmi for reminding us the importance of saying thank you to one & all who deserve it!

5:26 AM  
Blogger Kavi said...

Thank you is just two words ! But these two words mean much more than what all words put together can mean !

10:28 AM  
Blogger passerby55 said...

when my son says sorry to me .. i simply say thankyou to him...

lovely simple post

thank you

7:35 PM  
Blogger Neha said...

ur welcome!!

man!!u made me think that even i dont say thank you...and sorry just wont come out of ma mouth!!

gosh!i am so horrible!!!

but thanks for this reminder post..we all need to read it!!!

10:41 PM  
Blogger Balaji S Rajan said...

Good post. We need to keep reminding about these manners. These are the first few words taught to kids in the primary here. Hardly you see someone leaving without uttering one of those. My friends joke, that I am too formal by saying 'Thank you' for silly things. It may look silly for them, but still it is deserving to thank them.

4:08 AM  
Blogger Ram said...

Thank you for reminding us of this simple but powerful tool that helps make life that much more pleasant.

Thank you for making ours that much better! :)

I was part of - gasp! - Kailash! :) [Y'know now that I think about it, isn't that in Tibet actually?)

12:13 AM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

Brits here are so polite that for every damn thing they keep on saying cheers...thank you..and wht not...so I have turned a lot polite these days :)

2:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

THANK YOU TO EACH ONE OF YOU!

4:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home