Thinkingcap

Life's battles don't always go To the stronger or faster man, But soon or late the man who wins... Is the man who thinks HE CAN!!!

Friday, December 08, 2006

WAT SAY?

God! it's a month since I updated & time really flies. I'm really sorrry for the delay. Chennai had a "viral in the air" & the kids and I got affected by it.My corporate training sessions were another reason too. Yes! we did manage to watch two movies which gave important messages. "Open Season" and "Don"

OPEN SEASON




An awesome film with a very strong message to mankind that we can be the most vulnerable creations of God. We only think we are strong but if animals decide to revolt surely "Size does NOT matter".A movie where you leave the theatre sure to think twice before calling Animals "weak" or Man "A thinking being". Hunting will never be the same.If all animals bring out their 'animal instinct' it sure will be a force to reckon with. A strong reminder for us adults that "we have not inherited this earth from our anscestors ...we've only borrowed it from our children!" But then what kind of an earth are we giving them?THINK AGAIN!

DON



"Dil Chahata Hai" will remain my all time favourite! "Lakshya" was a sincere attempt!
But with Don the least said the better. Just for a few classic dialogues one remakes a FILM? I for one was sincerely disappointed with DON! Not wanting to bias my kids, I waited for their reaction! I was surprised when my 10 year old looked disappointed.When I asked him why, he asked," Amma, wasn't Vijay supposed to help & they killed the character? SO only a liar & a person who does wrong like DON will live to win? Questions I found difficult to answer.This had struck me too! For i've seen the original & I know characters were a lot less complicated & straight but Don winning in the end, "this way" is hard to stomach. Is this a reflection of the society we are in today?Apart from DON we even have a DCP who is a mafia dealer in Disguise!!

I personally am against remakes. LEAVE THE ORIGINALS ALONE PLEASE! esp when it was a SUPERHIT in its times! Movies are a strong medium to communicate. Immaterial of what we try to say, it is what reaches the audience which makes an IMPACT! So shouldn't this be done a little more seriously? Esp when giving twists and turns 'coz it difficult to justify Farhan in DON just because he wanted to be DIFFERENT fron the original?!

Wat say?

10 Comments:

Blogger Reel Fanatic said...

I was shocked by just how much I liked Open Season ... it was easily one of the funniest movies of the summer

4:04 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

I DON' WANNA WATCH DON THEN :)

Keshi.

8:04 PM  
Blogger Neha said...

Doan was horrible...specially the really horrible acting of Shahrukh Khan..the horrible clothes noramlly worn by Priyanka Chopra..the only saving grace was the song - Aaj ki Raat!

11:03 PM  
Blogger Neha said...

Doan was horrible...specially the really horrible acting of Shahrukh Khan..the horrible clothes noramlly worn by Priyanka Chopra..the only saving grace was the song - Aaj ki Raat!

11:06 PM  
Blogger Neha said...

Doan was horrible...specially the really horrible acting of Shahrukh Khan..the horrible clothes noramlly worn by Priyanka Chopra..the only saving grace was the song - Aaj ki Raat!

11:09 PM  
Blogger januM said...

open season -- amazin piece of art!

9:48 PM  
Blogger Kavi said...

Yes ! Leave the originals alone ! Please !

10:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Honestly RF Open Season was much beyond expectation.

Keshi,I know girl you are a major SRK fan but then .... You are sure to be disappointed! My advice DON'T WATCH THE FILM!

Neha! You sure Adore SRK!!!!

2:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Janum Welcome aboard! It sure is a great piece of art!

Great Kavi! So you agree with me?

2:36 AM  
Blogger KK said...

Open season seems to be an interesting movie. Will watch it sometime.
Yeah Don was very disappointing...

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home